Motorbike Insurance Quotes

At Call Wiser, we offer bike and motorcycle insurance from over 30 of the leading insurers in the UK.

Motorbikes are something that we are very passionate about at Call Wiser. Whether it’s a Kawasaki, three-wheeler, 50cc moped or scooter, it is a legal requirement to have bike insurance in place if you are driving on UK roads.

In the event that you crash your motorcycle into another vehicle or pedestrian, your policy will cover the damages such as repairs to others vehicle, any personal injuries suffered, medical bills and loss of income.

Furthermore, you need to insure your vehicle in the event that it is stolen or vandalized - especially if you need to commute to work. Your policy will allow you to get a replacement as soon as possible or pay for any loss of income you may have to suffer.

All bike insurance policies include:


Helmet & leathers cover


Mobile and gadget cover


Breakdown cover


UK call centres

What type of bike insurance are you looking for?

Call us on 0333 003 3270 and speak to the experts today

Motorcycle Insurance – what does it cost?

There are several factors that influence the cost of your quote including:

Age and experience of the driver – A rider that is under 25 and has less experience on the road is likely to pay a higher premium for their policy. This is because there is a high risk of an accident occurring and more experience riders are rewarded with a better rate.

A ‘no claims bonus’ is available to motorists that can sustain long periods without making a claim to their insurer and they will be rewarded every year with a bigger discount.

Model – More expensive makes and models will cost more to insure, as you will need to repair or replace damaged parts and this might involve specialist manufacturers or importing parts from overseas. In addition, those vehicles with bigger engines and can reach high speeds may increase the risk of accidents and the premium will reflect this.

Security features – The security features are very important when calculating the premium. This includes how easy the vehicle is to steal, the alarms, locks, immobilisers and tracking devices. There will also be different costs depending on whether it is stored in a garage or driveway overnight as this affects the level of risk.

Modifications – Any additional modifications made can increase the cost of your premium since it will be costly to replace these special features. It is important that you mention all the modifications made and present evidence to the insurer when applying.

Usage – How you use the motorcycle is also crucial when assessing the cost – whether for private use or work. If your bike is integral to your work because you are a courier or delivery person, you are likely to rack up more mileage and this will increase the cost of your policy.

Using your model for private use will be cheaper because you will use less mileage, however, you may need to provide evidence that it is only used socially.

Lastly, any additional drivers you add to your policy will naturally add to your premium and you will not be covered for any damages if you were to use another motorcycle without the necessary insurance in place.

Motorcycle Insurance For Work Purposes or Business Use

Other than being a legal requirement, it is vital to have commercial bike insurance if you use your vehicle as part of your work. The main reason is that you need the financial security if your vehicle is damaged in an accident or stolen. Without it, you cannot commute or carry out your job so its important to have a specialist policy in place to cover the cost of the damages or any lost income.

If you are only using a motorbike for a few weeks or months to commute to work or as part of your work, you can apply for temporary bike insurance – specifically tailored for a limited period.

Temporary & One Day Bike Insurance

If you are looking to borrow a motorbike for one day or on a temporary basis, we do not offer policies for such a short space of time. Unless you are interested in a new policy, you have the option of becoming a named driver on the original policyholder’s insurance. For any further questions, please contact our team.

Insurance is a Legal Requirement

As part of Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) which was issued in 2011, it is a legal requirement for the registered keeper of a bike or motorcycle to ensure that it is adequately insured. If you do not use your vehicle on public roads, it must be declared off the road via a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). This involves submitting a document to the DVLA and means that you don’t have to pay any insurance or tax on your vehicle and it can reversed at any point if you wish to drive it again on the road.

If your motorbike is not adequately insured or declared SORN, you could:

  • Receive a fixed penalty notice of £100
  • Face a court prosecution, with a possible maximum fine of £1,000
  • Have your vehicle clamped, impounded or destroyed

If you use a vehicle without adequate insurance, you could:

  • Receive a fixed penalty of £300 and 6 penalty points
  • Face a court prosecution, with a possible maximum fine of £5,000
  • Be disqualified from driving
  • Have your vehicle clamped, impounded or destroyed

Call Wiser is a trading name of Be Wiser Insurance Services Ltd. Registered in England No. 6097813. Be Wiser Insurance Services Ltd are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority 465471

Call Wiser, Riverside House, 35-37 Bridge St, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 1BE, 0333 003 3270,